Monday 24 October 2016

Perforating Pierre - Pamela Burford

Perforating Pierre by Pamela Burford
I've been looking forward to the release of the third Jane Delaney mystery since I read Uprooting Ernie last year, (see my review here). I really enjoy this series and I really wanted to see what was going to happen next to Jane. 

Over the past month, I've ready quite a few humorous, light, murder mysteries (also known as cozy mysteries apparently). They have, for the most part, been rubbish. Fortunately, Perforating Pierre, while being light-hearted and fun, is far from being rubbish.

Perforating Pierre

Celebrity chef Pierre Dewatre has everything going for him: swoon-worthy looks, a successful restaurant, and a budding TV career, not to mention that drop-dead-sexy French accent. Unfortunately for Pierre, the drop-dead part becomes all too real when Death Diva Jane and her furry little sidekick Sexy Beast discover him marinating in his own juices. So to speak. And okay, so the famous chef has been accused of cooking and serving endangered species, but that couldn’t possibly have anything to do with his death. Could it?
The inept detective in charge of the case has homed in on a single suspect: Jane’s ex, who’s only the Nicest Guy in the World. She’s never gotten over him, even with a certain bad-boy bartender invading her personal space at every opportunity. Throw the victim’s hot Parisian brother into the mix and it’s little wonder Jane is having trouble concentrating on whodunit.
You’d think having a high-strung, seven-pound poodle on your team would be the key to quickly solving a complicated murder. Turns out that’s not necessarily the case. Who knew?

My Review

This was another great instalment in the Jane Delaney series. This time she has yet another male who seems to be interested in her. The brother of her recently murdered friend, Pierre Dewatre. Her ex-husband is still in the thick of things, not only is he hanging around and confusing Jane, but he is also the chief suspect in Pierre's murder. 

The Padre, the lovely Martin is still around too. Sadly, not quite as much as I'd like. (He'd be my choice if I were Jane.) The sooner that Jane realises that her ex-husband, Dom, is not for her, or French men (no matter how sexy the accent) the better.

This time I did manage to work out who done it, before Jane realised, but I don't think that it was obvious, and it certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book. (Actually I like to be able to solve the mystery from time to time, it helps me to feel intelligent.) 

I really really enjoyed Perforating Pierre. I can't wait to for the next installment and to find out what happens to Jane next. If you haven't read the first too books, then check them out too. Perforating Pierre is out on the 31st October, but open for pre-orders now.


No comments:

Post a Comment